Friday, May 13, 2016

She's Off!

Penina is off to America for a week of being fussed over by family and friends ;).  By the time we arrive as a family for a visit in mid-July, most of her friends will be away at camp and my in-laws, Chellie and Joey, will have moved to California.  Since our clever girl had saved her bat mitzvah money she was able to strengthen her case by splitting the cost of the ticket with us.



Since my part of the story ends with dropping her off at the airport, I hope that she'll make a guest blog post upon her return, but let me just comment on being at the airport three hours before her flight:

--chalav yisrael Ben and Jerry's.  Whadda country!


--And, man, I closed that airport down!  Her flight left late (and it was scheduled for 12:15 a.m. to begin with) and El Al told me I needed to stay until the flight was in the air.  The counter attendant kept telling me things like, "they've pulled away from the gate.  Just five more minutes and then you can leave".  "Okay, now they're on the tarmac.  Just five more minutes".   Finally, it was in the air and I was on my way home.


Nesiya Tova, Penina!  Have an amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment